Cobb Salad with Duck Sausage and Grilled Peaches
- Preparation : 25 minutes
- Cooking : 7 minutes
- Portions : 6
- 2x 300-g packages (8 sausages in total) of the duck sausage of your choice
- 6 Almost ripe peaches (still slightly firm), cut in half and pitted
- 4 Large boiled eggs, sliced (optional)
- 3-4 Italian tomatoes, washed and cut into small cubes
- 1 English cucumber, washed thoroughly and sliced
- 1 Head of Boston lettuce, washed and drained
- 8-10 Green onions, sliced
- Fresh ground pepper
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing (homemade or store-bought)
Barbecue or pan cooking method:
Preheat the barbecue to medium. Once the grill is very hot, use a barbecue brush to clean the grates.
Lay the sausages on the barbecue and grill for 6-7 minutes, turning them over and changing positions regularly.
Add the peach halves in the last 4 minutes of cooking. Do not cover during cooking.
If cooking on the stovetop, grill the duck sausages in a large skillet over medium heat for about 10 minutes in total, turning several times. Add the peach halves in the last 4 minutes of cooking and turn them over halfway through the cooking time.
Remove the food from the pan or grill and set aside for 5 minutes before thinly slicing the sausages on the bias and the peach halves in quarters. Set aside.
Arrange the slices of egg, tomato, sausage and cucumber and the peach wedges in a circular pattern on a bed of lettuce. Garnish with the green onions, and add pepper to taste. Serve each plate immediately with a small bowl of ranch or blue cheese dressing and cheese sticks on the side.
Recipe developed by Nicolas Vallée, professional chef