Smoked duck breast in a cucumber roulade, avocado and wild berries
- Preparation : 4 minutes
- Cooking : 15 minutes
- Portions : 2
- 1 Brome lake Ducks naturally smoked and cooked boneless duck breast
- 6 dried figs cut in half
- 1 avocado
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) minced fresh green onions
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) chopped fresh ginger
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) crushed chili
- ½ cup (125 ml) wild berries
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced with a mandolin or a vegetable peeler
- Microgreens (optional)
Preheat the barbecue on high intensity.
In a bowl, combine the avocado, basil, parsley, onions, lemon, olive oil, ginger, salt, chilli and wild berries with a fork until a smooth spread consistency. Set aside.
Place the smoked duck breast and the figs on the barbecue grill and reheat them for 2 minutes (this step is optional).
Spread a layer of the mixture on each long cucumber slice. Set aside.
Slice the smoked breast into thin slices. Spread 3 to 4 slices over the mixture.
Roll and secure each roll with a decorative toothpick.
Garnish with figs and your favorite microgreens if desired.