Maple mustard sauce
- Preparation : 5 minutes
- Cooking : 15 minutes
- Portions : 4
- 11/3 cup (325 ml) duck stock
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) duck fat
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) La Courgerie maple mustard
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) maple syrup
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) dried tarragon
- ½ cup (125 ml) 15% thick cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a frying pan, lightly brown onions in melted duck fat.
Cook for 2 minutes add duck stock, maple mustard, maple syrup and tarragon. Bring to a boil and reduce over medium heat for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Add cream and heat for 1 minute, until sauce thickens. Taste and adjust seasoning.