Garden Salad with Shredded Duck
- Preparation : 15 minutes
- Cooking : 3 minutes
- Portions : 4
- 2 packages (200 g each) of Brome Lake Ducks Shredded Duck Confit
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) balsamic vinegar
- 1 litre (4 cups) spring lettuce mix
- 12 to 15 multi-coloured cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- Choice of microgreens
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Marinating time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 3 minutes
In a bowl, toss the carrots with 30 ml (2 tbsp) of the balsamic vinaigrette. Cover and marinate for 15 minutes to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
When ready to cook, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Reheat the shredded duck for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let cool.
In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce with the marinated carrots, tomatoes, onion, and the rest of the vinaigrette. Top with the shredded duck and, if desired, the microgreens.