Duck Confit Poutine with Cheesy Herb & Garlic “Gravy”
- Preparation : 30 minutes
- Cooking : 20 minutes
- Portions : 4 to 6
- 3–4 Brome Lake duck legs confit
- 1½ lb frozen fries, any kind
- 2 pkgs (150g each) fresh herb and garlic cheese (such as Boursin)
- 125–167 ml (½–2/3 tbsp) 15% cream
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 220 °C (425 °F).
Lay the frozen fries on a large ovenproof tray and bake for about 10 minutes.
Remove the tray from the oven and flip the fries. Add the duck legs confit and continue cooking for 10–12 minutes, or until the fries are crispy.
In the meantime, melt the fresh cheese along with the cream in a small saucepan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Take the tray out of the oven and remove the meat from the duck legs; chop coarsely.
Divide the fries among 4 to 6 shallow bowls and top with the duck legs confit. Drizzle a generous amount of the cheesy herb and garlic gravy over each serving. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately. Serve with a green salad.