Duck confit and cranberry croquettes
- Preparation : 15 minutes
- Cooking : 7 minutes
- Portions : 4
- 500 g. (2 cups) Brome Lake duck confit meat
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) + 150 ml (2/3 cup) bread crumbs
- 45 ml (3 tbs.) finely chopped green onions
- 60 ml (4 tbs.) finely chopped dried cranberries
- 1 Egg
- 15 ml (1 tsp.) lemon juice
- 60 ml (¼ cup) plain Greek style yoghurt
- 3 ml (½ tsp.) garlic powder
- 0.5 ml (1/8 tsp.) Peau Rouge (smoked chipotle)
- 125 ml (½ cup) Brome Lake rendered duck fat
Coarsely chop the duck meat confit. Add 1/3 cup of the bread crumbs and all the other ingredients with the exception of the rendered fat. Mix well. Form into 8 croquettes about 7 cm (3 in.) in diameter. Dip croquettes in the remainder of the bread crumbs. Melt duck fat. Fry croquettes at medium high until crispy and golden brown.
Serve as an appetizer topped with micro herbs and a lemon & dill sauce.
Serve as a main course accompanied by a salad or atop a burger roll.