Brome Lake duck roast, maple and ginger sauce
- Preparation : 15 minutes
- Cooking : 50 minutes
- Portions : 4
- 1 Brome Lake Duck roast
- 2 Tbsp Grinded maple flavoured pepper Les Délices de l’Érable
- See sauce ingredients in " Accompaniment"
Preheat oven at 375°F (190°C).
Grind the maple flavoured pepper and place 2 tsp in a plate. Coat the roast with this mixture.
In a preheated frying pan sear the roast on all sides until golden brown.
Remove the roast and wrap in aluminum foil. Reserve the pan with the cooking juices.
Place the roast on a baking sheet and cook 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, remove the roast from the foil and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, remove the duck roast from oven and place in a plate. Cover loosely with foil.
Let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
Slice the duck roast.
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 300 ml duck stock
- 1 tsp apple jelly
- 1 Tbsp Ginger flavoured Maple butter Les Délices de l’Érable
- Heat at medium heat the frying pan with the cooking juices.
- When frying pan warm, deglaze with the white wine and cider vinegar. Rub the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce to almost dry.
- Add the apple jelly, the duck stock and the ginger maple butter.
- Reduce to desired consistance.
- Coat the roast with the sauce and serve.