Brome Lake duck confit risotto
- Preparation : 10 minutes
- Cooking : 20 minutes
- Portions : 4
- 1 cup (250 g) Brome Lake Duck confit meat or confit legs, deboned and shredded
- 2 cups (500 g) Risotto rice (Carnaroli, Vialone Nano or Arborio)
- 1 tbsp Brome Lake Duck rendered duck fat or extra virgin olive oil
- ½ Onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) Brome Lake duck stock
- 3 cups (750 ml) Water
- ½ cup (130 g) Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp High quality balsamic vinegar
- Drizzle of white truffle oil (optional)
Combine the duck stock and water and heat. In a deep skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil or duck fat. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add the rice, 2 cups of the hot stock and half of the confit duck meat. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally. Gradually add a bit of the hot stock to the rice as the liquid evaporates, stirring constantly.
It should take about 15 to 20 minutes to make the risotto. 5 minutes before the risotto is done, add the rest of the confit duck meat and half of the parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. When the risotto is ready, remove from heat and add the rest of the parmesan cheese. The risotto should be very creamy. If it is too clumpy, add a little hot liquid and mix well.
Serve in deep bowls drizzled with balsamic vinegar and white truffle oil (if desired).