Brome Lake duck confit risotto
- Preparation : 10 minutes
- Cooking : 20 minutes
- Portions : 4
- 1 cup (250 g) Brome Lake Duck confit meat or confit legs, deboned and shredded
- 1 cup (250 g) Risotto rice (Carnaroli, Vialone Nano or Arborio)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Brome Lake Duck rendered duck fat or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- 2 cups (500 ml) veal or beef broth
- 1/4 cup (60g) cold butter, cut in cubes
- ½ cup (130 g) Freshly grated parmesan cheese
Heat the broth and keep it warm.
In a deep skillet, heat the duck fat or olive oil. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the rice and mix well. Add white wine and reduce until almost dry.
Over low heat, add the broth, a ladle at a time, stirring frequently until the liquid is completely absorbed between each addition. Salt and pepper. Cook for 18 to 22 minutes or until the rice is al dente. Add broth as needed.
Add the butter cubes and allow to melt. Add the confit and mix.
Off the heat, add the Parmesan and mix well until the texture is very creamy. Adjust seasoning. Cover and let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.