Breakfast Hot Duck with Sweet Chili Sauce
- Preparation : 20 minutes
- Cooking : 15 minutes
- Portions : 4
- 4 eggs
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped parsley
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) water or stock of your choice
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) duck fat or butter
- 1 pkg (300 g/4 units) Brome Lake Ducks duck sausages (Italian or sun-dried tomatoes and garlic)
- Grated cheddar cheese
- 1 large baguette, cut into 4 pieces and slit down the middle to make a hot dog bun (reheated or not)
- 1/3 English cucumber, washed and diced
- 2–3 green onions, sliced
- Sweet chili sauce (Asian sauce)
- Fruit of your choice
Place the eggs, parsley, and water in a medium bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Whisk and set aside.
Heat half of the duck fat in a large non-stick pan over medium heat and then brown the sausages for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning over several times. Watch out for splatters. Lower heat if needed. Once brown, transfer the sausages to the oven, previously heated to 120 °C (250 °F) to keep warm.
Pour the egg mixture into the same pan with the remaining duck fat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
Spread some of the grated cheese on the bottom of each piece of baguette (you can also remove some of the soft crumb from the top to create a cavity), and then the duck sausage. Top with the scrambled eggs, cucumber, and green onion. Drizzle with sweet chili sauce and serve immediately with your choice of fresh fruit.