Smoked duck bundles
- Preparation : 15 minutes
- Cooking : 10 minutes
- Portions : 4
- 500 g Brome Lake duck breast filets
- 24 long slices of smoked bacon
- Kitchen twine
- Smoky BBQ Sauce:
- 180 ml (¾ cup) ketchup
- 60 ml (¼ cup) unsweetened applesauce
- 60 ml (¼ cup) maple syrup
- 30 ml (1 tbsp) rehydrated garlic
- 1 ml (¼ tsp) Méchant Mix brand Peau-rouge spice mix
- 1 ml (¼ tsp) ground pepper
Prepare the smoky BBQ sauce by mixing all the ingredients in a microwave-safe container. Heat on high for 2 minutes. Cool.
Remove the nerve from the duck breasts. Marinade the filets in the BBQ sauce for 2 to 12 hours, to taste.
To make the bundles, arrange two slices of bacon in an X on your work surface. Place two marinated filet strips on top. Gather the ends of the bacon over the filets and tie with kitchen twine to make a bundle. Place the bundles on the barbecue and cook for 10 minutes, grilling on all sides.*
*Do not overcook! Duck breast filets are best served pink.
The bundles may also be cooked in a non-stick frying pan.
Serve as an appetizer or main dish.