Gourmet Grilled Cheese with Smoked Duck
- Preparation : 15 minutes
- Cooking : 8 minutes
- Portions : 4
- 2 x 150 g packages of frozen Brome Lake sliced smoked duck meat
- 8 slices of rye bread
- 45 m L (3 tbsp) butter, softened
- 60 mL (¼ cup) honey mustard
- 500 mL (2 cups) Alfred Le Fermier cheese, grated
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) caramelized onions
- 4 baby dill pickles, cut in half
Place the packages of the frozen smoked meat in a pot of cold water. Bring the water to a boil then turn off the heat. Let the packages sit for 2 to 4 minutes and then remove from the water.
Place the bread slices on a sheet of parchment paper. Butter one side only of each slice.
Turn the slices over and spread honey mustard on the non-buttered side.
Divide up the smoked meat and place on the honey mustard side of the bread slices.
Garnish with the cheese and caramelized onions. Close up the sandwiches, with the honey mustard sides on the inside.
In a hot pan over medium heat, grill the sandwiches for 2 to 3 minutes each side, until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
Transfer the grilled cheese sandwiches to plates and cut in half.
Garnish each half sandwich with a half baby pickle on a tooth-pick.