- Preparation : 15 minutes
- Cooking : 20 minutes
- Portions : 6
- 4 confit legs, deboned and shredded or 500 g Brome Lake duck confit meat
- 6 vol-au-vent
- 750 ml (3 cups) 2% milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) duck stock
- 90 ml (6 Tbsp) duck fat
- 90 ml (6 Tbsp) flour
- Pepper to taste
- 1 large carrot peeled and sliced
- 2 parsnips peeled and sliced
- 1 French shallot thinly sliced
Blanch the carrots and parsnips.
In a frying pan, melt the duck fat and sweat the shallot. Add the flour and mix to create a roux. Add the duck stock, milk and bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
Add half the confit duck meat, the vegetables and mix. Season to taste and serve on pastry shells.
Garnish with the rest of the duck meat and serve immediately with the green pea puree (see accompaniment) and green beans with roasted peppers.
Green pea purée:
- 340gr frozen peas
- 150 ml canola oil
- 25 gr. parmesan
- 5ml fleur d’ail
- 5 gr. Pepper
- Thaw the peas and put in the blender. Add all the other ingredient and mix.
- Serve on your duck vol-au-vent.