Duck tchatchouka sliders, with crumbled goat cheese and seasonal sprouts
- Preparation : 15 minutes
- Cooking : 15 minutes
- Portions : 2
- 160 g (4 x 40 g balls) Brome Lake ground duck meat
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 4 slider buns (27 g each)
- 40 g (4 x 10 g) crumbled goat cheese
- 40 ml (4 x 10 ml) tchatchouka
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 ml (½ tsp.) olive oil
- 2 ml (½ tsp.) vinegar (preferably fruit vinegar)
- 12 g (4 x 3 g) arugula sprouts
- Salt and pepper to taste
Broil each side of the red pepper on the barbecue or in the oven (about 15 minutes). Cool under cold, running water, remove the blackened skin and seeds. Blend the red pepper flesh in a food processor with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 ml of vinegar and seasonings. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, add the ground duck meat, shallot, salt and pepper. Mix well and make 40g patties. Cook to desired doneness.
Slice the buns open and toast lightly. Spread the tchatchouka on both halves of the bun. On the bottom half, place the hot burger, crumbled goat cheese and arugula sprouts. Cover with the other half of the bun and enjoy.
Recipe from David Vinas, professional chef