Duck bacon, cottage cheese, and avocado breakfast bowls
- Preparation : 25 minutes
- Cooking : 6 minutes
- Portions : 4
- 1 package (200g) of Brome Lake Duck Bacon
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, washed, dried, and finely chopped
- 2 avocados, diced and sprinkled with lime
- 227 g (1/2 lb) strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 500 ml (2 cups) cottage cheese
- 2 to 4 eggs, cooked semi-hard boiled (cooked about 6 minutes) and cut in half
- Salt and pepper
- Slices of toasted bagel
Preheat a medium skillet on medium heat. Fry the duck bacon slices for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside on paper towels.
Spread a base of chopped lettuce into four medium bowls. Arrange the diced avocado, strawberries, duck bacon and cottage cheese decoratively on the bed of lettuce. Garnish each serving with half an egg and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with slices of toasted bagel.