Duck and Mango Multicoloured Chips
- Preparation : 25 minutes
- Cooking : 2 minutes
- Portions : 60 canapés
- 2 containers (80 g each) of Brome Lake duck rillettes
- 60 tortilla chips of different colours
- 150 g (1/3 lb) grated gruyere cheese
- 115 g (1/4 lb) garlic or hungarian sausage, cut into small pieces
- Flesh of 2 mangoes, cut into small cubes
Preheat the oven broiler. Put the tortilla chips on two large baking sheets. Spread duck rillettes in the centre of each chip, then garnish with grated cheese and a few cubes of sausage.
Place one of the baking sheets on the upper rack of the oven, approximately 4 inches (10 cm) from the top broiler. Broil the chips for 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese and heat the sausage. Keep a close eye on the chips to ensure that they don't burn.
Remove the first baking sheet from the oven and then broil the second baking sheet of chips.
Arrange the duck chips on two large serving platters and garnish with small cubes of mango. Serve immediately.
Recipe developed by Nicolas Vallée, professional chef
Tips and tricks
You can substitute papaya for mango, depending on your preference and fruit availability.