Grilled Brome Lake duck breast chops, with fresh rosemary and lemon zest
- Preparation : 30 minutes
- Cooking : 10 minutes
- Portions : 4
- 3 packages (12 each) Brome Lake duck breast chops, thawed (3 per person)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Brome Lake rendered duck fat or olive oil
- 1/2 sprig fresh rosemary, stemmed and chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped lemon zest (without the bitter white part)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fleur de sel (optional)
Prepare all the ingredients.
Pre-heat grill. Remove duck chops from refrigerator 15 minutes before cooking. Remove from package and lay chops flat on a large plate or tray. Pat dry using paper towels.
Season both sides with salt, black pepper, rosemary and lemon zest. Coat the chops very lightly with a little rendered duck fat or olive oil on the meat part only. Grill the chops by standing them up (they can lean a little) on the skin side. Then, grill chops on medium high heat for about 2 -3 minutes per side, with colour.* Finish cooking on low heat for the last few minutes. Remove from heat, sprinkle with a little fleur de sel if desired and serve.
Serve with a salad of red and yellow bell peppers, chopped celery heart, Italian parsley leaves, shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano and a lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and white truffle oil dressing.