Warm duck wing drumettes salad with whole grain mustard
- Preparation : 30 minutes
- Cooking : 35 minutes
- Portions : 4
- 1 pkg (650 g) Brome Lake Ducks frozen Honey and Garlic Duck Wing Drumettes
- ½ head of curly lettuce or oak leaves, washed, spin dried and shredded
- ½ head of chicory, washed, spin dried and shredded
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) dried fruit (apricots, figs, etc.), chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 80-125 ml (1/3 – ½ cup) toasted pecan or hazelnut pieces
Place previously washed, dried and shredded lettuce in a large salad bowl and set aside.
Using a peeler, shred carrot into thin strips and add to lettuce, along with dried fruit, green onions and pecans. Set aside.
Heat drumettes in the oven according to the cooking instructions on the package. Remove drumettes from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
Remove skin from drumettes and de-bone, keeping 4-6 whole (skin on) for presentation.
Place drumette meat (skin removed) in a bowl and cover with approx. 160 ml (2/3 cup) of warm vinaigrette.
Mix well, cover and set aside for 10 minutes before pouring over salad. Toss and serve immediately.
Decorate each serving with a whole drumette.
Serve with a whole wheat roll.
- 300 ml (1¼ cup) water
- 300 ml (1¼ cup) duck stock
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) Meaux or whole grain mustard
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) aged balsamic vinegar
- In a small saucepan, bring water and duck stock to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to reduce to half (approx. 15-20 min).
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Let stand for 5 minutes, pepper to taste and whisk well before serving.
Serve warm or hot. Excellent on firm lettuce salads (iceberg, romaine, chicory, etc.).