Sweet caesar salad with swiss chard and grilled duck breast
- Preparation : 20 minutes
- Cooking : 3 minutes
- Portions : 4
- 500 g Brome Lake duck breast filets
- Cooking oil spray
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium head of romaine lettuce, washed, spun and shredded
- 8-12 chard leaves, stems removed, chopped
- Dried cranberries
- Sweet Caesar Dressing:
- 1 large egg
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) maple syrup
- 1 large garlic clove, sprout removed, crushed
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) sea salt
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) ground white pepper
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) apple cider vinegar
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) olive oil
Trim the duck breast filets, removing the nerve with a fork or filleting knife. Rinse and pat dry. Skewer the meat and spray with oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and barbecue over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, turning a few times. Remove from the grill and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from skewers. Set aside.
Preparation of the sweet Caesar dressing. In a blender, mix all the ingredients until smooth and creamy. A hand mixer may also be used. Use the dressing immediately or pour into an airtight container and refrigerate.
Place the romaine lettuce and Swiss chard leaves in a large bowl. Add some dried cranberries and the sweet Caesar dressing, to taste. Mix. Divide the salad onto 4 to 6 medium-sized plates. Top each serving with the croutons, roast duck strips and more dried cranberries.
Serve immediately accompanied by toasted herb bread, cut into pieces.