Shredded Duck Poké with Apple and Oka Cheese
- Preparation : 35 minutes
- Cooking : 8 minutes
- Portions : 4 to 6
- 2 packages (200 g) of Brome Lake shredded duck meat
- Balsamic vinegar
- 2 L (8 cups) basmati rice (white or brown or a mixture), cooked
- 200 g Oka cheese of your choice (Classic, Artisan, Light, etc.), cubed
- 12 to 18 mini peppers in a variety of colours
- Sliced marinated jalapeño
- 3 Honeycrisp or Royal Gala apples, pared, quartered and sprinkled with lemon juice
- Grilled pecan halves
- Nut oil
- Sea salt and ground pepper
Bring water to a gentle boil in a medium pot and immerse the bags of shredded duck meat in the pot (without opening them). Boil for 8 minutes uncovered.
Remove the bags from the water and open with scissors, then empty the meat into a medium bowl lined with paper towels. Stir the shredded duck a little and cover with another paper towel. Press down on the duck meat to absorb some of the excess grease and remove the paper towels from the bowl. Drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and season with pepper to taste. Set aside.
Lay a base of basmati rice in the bottom of 4 to 6 medium bowls, then decoratively arrange the remaining ingredients on top of the rice in food groups.
Add a spoonful of duck meat to the middle of each poké bowl. Drizzle with the nut oil and add seasonings to taste.