Indian duck tartare poké bowl
- Preparation : 20 minutes
- Portions : 4
Poké base ingredients
- 250 ml (1 cup) sushi rice
- 310 ml (1¼ cup) cold water
- 60 ml (¼ cup) rice vinegar
Duck tartare ingredients
- 1 Brome Lake boneless duck breast, fat trimmed and meat cut into small cubes
- 60 ml (¼ cup) yellow pepper, very finely diced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) green onions, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) spicy mayonnaise (see recipe below)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) red onion
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) old-style mustard
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Les Sœurs en Vrac Roasted Smoked Curry powder
- 5 mL (1 tsp) maple syrup
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Poké garnish ingredients
- 1 peach, cut in half and sliced
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) chickpeas, rinsed with cold water
- 125 ml (½ cup) yellow pepper, very finely diced
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) green onions, finely chopped
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) red pepper, very finely diced
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) cucumber, very finely diced
- Duck confit and green onion croquettes (optional : see recipe on Find a recipe section)
Coconut curry vinaigrette ingredients
- 250 ml (1 cup) coconut milk
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) red curry paste
- 5 mL (1 tbsp) maple syrup or honey
Spicy mayonnaise ingredients
- 125 ml (½ cup) store-bought mayonnaise
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sriracha sauce
- 3 ml (½ tsp) maple syrup or honey
Rinse the rice under cold water until the water runs clear. Drain the rice well in a colander for 15 to 20 minutes.
Put the rice into a pot along with 1¼ cups cold water. Bring to a boil. As soon as it has come to a boil, cover and turn heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes (do not lift the lid, as the rice will continue to cook).
Season the rice with ¼ cup of the coconut curry vinaigrette.
Mix all the ingredients for the tartare together in a bowl.
To serve, divide the rice into 4 round bowls.
Sprinkle with rice vinegar to taste.
Arrange the garnish ingredients artfully in the bowls. Place the tartare preparation in the centre of the bowls.
Garnish with duck croquettes (see recipe on Find a recipe section).
Sprinkle poké ingredients (except tartare) with the coconut curry vinaigrette.
Serve and enjoy immediately.
Recipe developed by Mélanie Marchand
in collaboration with LecarnetdeMC.ca