Gourmet Toast with Duck Confit and Peaches
- Preparation : 15 minutes
- Cooking : 5 minutes
- Portions : 4
- 2 x 330 g packages of Brome Lake Duck confit duck legs
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 peaches, stones removed and cut into quarters
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) dry shallots (French), chopped
- 1 x 400 g container of mascarpone
- 4 large slices of round loaf bread
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) arugula
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) balsamic vinegar coulis
In a pan, heat the oil on high. Grill the peaches with 30 mL (2 tbsp) of the maple syrup for 3 to 4 minutes, until the peaches are golden brown.
Add the dry shallots to the pan. Continue cooking for 1 minute; remove from the heat and set aside.
In a bowl, whip the mascarpone with the remaining maple syrup.
Place the duck legs on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove the bones and excess fat. Shred the meat and set aside.
Toast the bread.
Coat each slice with the mascarpone mix.
Garnish with the shredded duck, grilled peaches and arugula. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar coulis.