- Preparation : 15 minutes
- Cooking : 8 minutes
- Portions : 4
- 450 g (1 lb) Brome Lake duck for Chinese fondue
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Brome Lake duck fat
- 300 g corn chips
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- ½ red onion
- 250 ml (1 cup) corn kernels
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lime juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) honey
- 1 avocado
- 250 ml (1 cup) grated mozzarella
- 250 ml (1 cup) shredded old cheddar
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) sour cream
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) cilantro leaves
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to broil. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the duck fat. Quickly brown the meat while breaking it up using a wooden spoon. Add salt and pepper.
Cut tomatoes, peppers and diced red onion and mix in a bowl with the corn, olive oil, lime juice and honey. Add salt and pepper. Cut the avocado into cubes and add to the salsa, mixing gently.
Spread the corn chips on a large baking sheet covered with aluminum foil, and top with the duck, salsa and cheese. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Garnish with sour cream, cilantro and jalapeno, or serve the sour cream on the side.
Recipe developed by Pratico-pratiques.com