Duck confit lemon pasta
- Preparation : 5 minutes
- Cooking : 10 minutes
- Portions : 4-6
- 4 confit legs, deboned and shredded or 500 g Brome Lake duck confit meat
- 450 g linguine
- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) lemon zest
- A handful of torn fresh basil leaves
- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) lemon juice
- 50 g shaved Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place linguine in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water and cook according to the instructions on the package. Drain
While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a deep pan until quite hot. Add garlic and jalapeño peppers and cook for 1 minute. Add duck meat confit and lemon zest and cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly until the duck meat confit is heated through.
Add linguine to the pan with the basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and toss until coated.
Place in serving bowls and top with shaved Parmesan. Serve with crusty bread.